The numbers are in and 2015 was another solid year for our utility operations and customer service. Here’s a snapshot from Newfoundland Power’s report on operations.
- We delivered electricity to our customers 99.96% of the time; our reliability measure is twice as good as comparable utilities in Canada.
- We invested $100 million in the electricity system, with close to 50% dedicated to upgrades – keeping our system safe and reliable.
- We decreased the number of electricity bills that were estimated by 40% by increasing the number of automated meters at your homes and businesses.
- Over 1/3 of our customers now receive electronic bills.
- We launched a new customer blog, and we have over 25,000 followers on Twitter and about 8,000 receiving the Company’s new email/text outage alerts that provide real-time outage information and updates.
- Our takeCHARGE rebate programs helped more than 6,000 customers save energy in 2015. We also provided over 395,000 at-the-cash rebates on energy efficient products through our retail partners. Since the launch, customers have saved enough to power the Town of Paradise for an entire year.
- We have kept our operating costs under control at a rate that is below inflation.
- Through The Power of Life Project, over $400,000 was raised to support cancer care; and, we reached nearly 100 environmental projects completed through our annual EnviroFest events.
A huge thank you to our 650 employees and more than 260,000 customers.
Check out our full Report on Operations on our website.