The Power of Life Project, our joint initiative with the Dr. H. Bliss Murphy Cancer Care Foundation, has continued to generously support cancer patients across the province.
Thanks to your support, our enthusiastic employees, and the generosity of our customer donors we’re able to make a real difference in cancer care right here at home. Newfoundland Power’s corporate charity, The Power of Life Project, has raised more than $3 million since its inception in 2002.
Here are some of our recent accomplishments:
- $45,000 raised during our Provincial Hard Hat Drive;
- launched the Let Hope Ring campaign, which involved unveiling a Bell of Hope in cancer treatment facilities across province;
- $35,500 raised through employee-driven fundraising including our annual golf tournaments in Stephenville and Clarenville, and a kitchen party and softball tournament in St. John’s;
- automatic blood pressure monitor for the Chemotherapy Room in Carbonear;
- chemotherapy recliner, family waiting chairs, weight scales and a television for the Chemotherapy Room in Burin;
- equipment for the 4 North A Cancer Unit at the Health Sciences Centre in St. John’s;
- furnishings for the Tele-oncology Room at the Cancer Centre in Grand Falls-Windsor;
- automatic blood pressure monitor for the Chemotherapy Room in Port Aux Basques;
- tele-oncology equipment in Gander and Stephenville;
- sponsorship for children with cancer attending Camp Delight;
- ongoing contributions to the Patient and Family Support Fund; and,
- a custom stocked Toy Box for each child undergoing radiation treatment at the Dr. H. Bliss Murphy Cancer Centre.